Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Giving In

Recently, the newest fad among my friends has been to start their own blog. Until now I have been dedicated to not having a blog for two main reasons. One, Non conformity. I do not know whay I chose this topic to not conform when the majority of my life is conformity, but that was the first reason. The second reason was that I could not conceive a reason why any person on this planet would desire to read about what I do every day. I mean seriously, who wants to read posts about changing dirty diapers, teaching math, and house remodeling projects? I could not stand the feeling of logging into my own blog all day just to get the counter to a respectable number. However, I have given in. Recently, my wife and I have decided to take a huge step of faith, and this was the best way we could think to keep our family and friends updated on what God is doing in our family. This is the reason for the blog:

I recenlty met with my Principal and informed him that I would not be returning to my tenured teaching position next year. My wife and I have made the decision on faith to move our family of four (me, my wife, our 2 year old son, and our 1 year old son) to Nashville for me to attend Vanderbilt University to pursue a masters in math education. It is one of the best programs in the country, and I will be learning from some of the best math educators out there. We have few answers as to where the money will come from, but God is moving and we are excited to see him provide! The adventure has already started as we will be trying to sell our house in one of the worst markets in recent years. We will update our adventure for those out there praying for us to see the answers to their prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog you guys! There is nothing boring about your story...tell it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the 21st century.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all looking forward to your adventure and living vicariously through you FOUR spring chickens!! We'll be cheering and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!! So excited to find this! Seeing God lead you through this process has been a wonderful testimony of his sovereignty and grace! Thank you for your willingness to step out on faith! Love you guys and can't wait for you to be in this area!

    ReplyDelete